Monday, January 2, 2012

Well that cleaned my clock!

You know those mornings that you turn over and get really comfortable...and then your alarm goes off? That was me this morning, but I was NOT missing my workout, so after laying around for a few minutes I got up :(

This is work consumption month at CrossFit Austin. The same as November, jeez, those kicked my bootie! But I am ready to get back into the gym on a regular basis and think I am ready for whatever is thrown at me!!

Today's WOD
Level Two
8 Min Work Capacity Test
8 minute of :30 on/:30 off
Power Clean to Overhead @ 40-45% of Body Weight

Let me start off with this...even though I have lost weight, I still cannot clean or overhead 40-45% of my body weight. So I went with 45#. We lifted for 8 rounds of 30 seconds on and 30 seconds of rest. I stayed between 6 and 8 lifts per round and we wore heart rate monitors. We did it with a partner and Haley asked to be mine. Have I mentioned how excited I am to have these girls in class with me??? I volunteered to go first, because I like to get it out of the way! The first 4 rounds were going pretty well, just more exhausting each time I picked up the bar...but during and after the 5th round I felt like I might pass out (breathing is important) so I laid down for a few seconds. Scared my sweet kid to death, her heart rate went up 20 beats on her heart monitor. Then I got up and finished...just had to take a quick break! I ended up with 51 total lifts at 45# and a heart rate of 184.

Then it was my turn to rest and keep record for Haley. I didn't realize that I would get to watch Haley and have Sarah in the background with her partner. They both looked great! Haley used 25# and had 71 lifts with a heart rate of 200 and Sarah used 25#, had 78 lifts and a heart rate of 208. All heart rates were taken right after we finished and came back to normal quickly after we were done :)

Tonight, I am feeling these in my legs, forearms, and shoulders. Feels good!

No comments: