Monday, January 9, 2012

Oh my achin' shoulders....

Last week really trashed my body. What Monday's work capacity test didn't make sore, Thursday's overhead squats did. HOWEVER...I kinda like feeling like that :) I really never thought I would feel so good about feeling so dang sore. Yesterday I finally woke up feeling good again, and today it was back to the gym!!

Today's Skill and WOD
Skill Session
Hang Power Snatch 4×5 – 35lbs
HSPU 4×5 – Pike on floor
Kipping TTB 4×5 – Knee Raises

WOD
5 Rounds (2 min on / 1 min off):
5 Clean to Thruster
Agility Square (Side Single Step, Double step forward, Side Double in/out, Backwards Cowboy)
8 Hurdle Hops
MB Sit-ups

First let me say that I really stink of remembering how many of what for how many rounds, so during today's skill session I did 5 reps on each until the last two rounds when someone said something about 5 rounds of 4? and I realized that I was being an overachiever. Oh well, it was good for me! I was a little worried that 35# might be too heavy, but know that with only a bar my snatches are awful, so I just went for it. It felt just right :)

This WOD was pretty hard. I made it through at least 1 round of the exercises each round of time, once I was 2 exercises into my second round and almost every time I did 1 exercise into my 2nd round. At the end I was spent. At one point I was doing the situps and had my eyes closed, Haley came by and when I opened my eyes, she started singing in my face. I told her that if she had that much energy that she needed to up her weights! Crazy girl! She and Sarah did great this morning :)

I am a little worried about my shoulders after all of the overhead work today, but it is going to make me have some pretty nice back muscles for the summer!

No comments: