Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My first time to not finish a WOD :(

Today I am sore from yesterday's abmat medicine ball situps, but other than that, everything feels pretty good when I walk in the gym!!

Today's WOD
Level Two
Skill
A. Strict CTB Chin-ups 5-5-AMRAP (- 2) Rest 3:00 B/t Sets
*Post Final weight and reps to comments

WOD
3 Rounds
12 Deadlifts @ 40-50%
Jump Rope: 25 Single Jumps
12 Kip Pull-ups
:45 Front Plank Hold
12 Tic Tacs (Per side)
Jump Rope: 25 Skier Jumps
12 Step-ups (Total, scale up explosive step-ups)
:45 Front Plank Hold
*Total Time and weight recorded

I don't do chest to bar chin ups and the scale that I went for today is partner pullups. I have not done those in several months, opting for jumping pullups or ring rows. Jenny was my wonderful partner who did AWESOME on her partner pullups!! When it was my turn I got up on the bar and set my feet on her thighs and felt something pull in my right thigh. I tried to do the pullup but could not get it, so I just went back to ring rows. I was a little concerned about the pulling, sore feeling in my thigh, but just tried to shake it off. We finished and moved onto some jump rope skills. I just am awful at these and must get my own rope and do them at home every day so I can get better.

I started my WOD with 95# on my deadlift, just single jumps on my toes with no rope, ring rows, almost a 45 sec front plank hold, 12 tic tacs with a 6# med ball, and after that my thigh started to feel kind of like it was cramping, so I sat down and rubbed it out, or tried to. Wes asked what was up and I told him, we modified my WOD and a few moves later, it was still hurting, everything was hurting it :( So he had me foam roll it. That really hurt and we determined it was a really tight IT band that I probably pulled a little when I did the total bend for my partner pull up. Hit the bike for the rest of class time and then got off to cheer on Haley, Sarah and Jenny as they finished up the WOD. This was a really intense workout and everyone did so well!!

I will take care of my IT band, foam roll, ice, stretching, and be back in the gym on Thursday. I don't like not finishing. I will scale all day, but I want to finish. I also know when to listen to my coach, He knows what he is talking about and if he says that I am done for the day, that is that. Tomorrow is another day :)

No comments: