Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tired of the pain

First of all my IT band stretch from last week is all better! Foam rolling is awesome and stretching is...well it just is :)

I forgot to check in on Thursday so here it is:
Thursday's WOD
Level Two
Strength/Make Up Day
A1. Front Squats x4x5 RPE 8-9 Rest :60
A2. Horizontal Ring Rows x12-15×3 Rest :90
B1. RDLs x6-8×3 @ 3111 Rest :45
B2. Push-up x10-12×3 Rest :45
C1. DB Ext. Rot. x12-15/arm @3010 x2 Rest :30
C2. Hollow Rocks x10-12×2 Rest :30
C3. KB Cross Chops x15-20/side x2 Rest :30

All of this felt good! We haven't done front squats in a while and I did 75#.
RDL's I used 75#
DB external rot. I used 10#
and KB cross chops 12K or 26#

I love strength day! Have I said that before?? I am sure that I have and will continue to do so :)

Monday we had a fitful night of sleep so we did not make it to class. When I did get up and read the WOD, I was sad, it looked like a good challenge and I am ready for those right now!!
Monday WOD
Level Two
Skill Session
A1. HSPU xAMRAP (-3) x5 Rest :45
A2. Kip Toes to Bar xAMRAP (-3) x5 Rest :45
A3. Hang Snatch x3x5 @ RPE 7 x 5 Rest :45
*Scale to a version you can complete at least 3 reps per round

WOD
3 Rounds
400m Run
15 Unbroken Thrusters (95 lbs, 65 lb)
20 Double Unders
*Total Time, Rx or Thruster Scaling weight recorded

Oh well, I will catch it next time it comes around!

Today, Haley and I were back in the gym. Sarah stayed home fighting allergies.
I started today with my knee bothering me before I left the house. I am about tired of this and have now made an appointment to have it looked at again on Tuesday.
I had to modify some of my warm up, and workout.

Tuesday WOD
Level Two
Skill
A1. Strict CTB Chin-ups 3-3-AMRAP (- 1) rest :90
A2. Broad Jumps x4x3 rest :90
A3. Front Rack Reverse Lunges x5/legx3 @ RPE 7 rest :90
*Post Final weight and reps for Chins, and Lunges to comments

WOD
4 Rounds
6 CTB Kip Pull-ups
9 TnG Deadlifts @ 50-55%
*Time, DL weight recorded, Rx = CTB Pull-up

I did ring rows instead of chinups, RDL's with 37# instead of broad jumps, and standing reverse lunges instead of front rack reverse lunges.

Then I did ring rows again for pull ups, and 65# for touch and go deadlifts. I should have gone more on my deadlifts but was a little intimidated by the amount of reps. I started with 87# and took the 5K's off.

I finished at 4:05.

To be honest, today I am annoyed with my body. My shoulder has had a catch in it for months, I have seen Dr. Jones, my Airrosti dr for it, and it is still there. It did get better, but still is a little bothersome in the mornings. I have a muscle spasm in my back that flares up all the time. It hurts, is a pain, and I just want to hit people when it is there (which lately is just about constant). I have also seen Dr. Jones for this and it helped for a while, but is back. And this stupid knee...2 years ago my orthopedist said that I have a bone spur that is chewing the meniscus. Sounds lovely. He gave me a shot and sent me on my way. I have had no relief from it and I am just ready to cut it off sometimes. (of course I know I cannot do that!)I have made an appointment for next Tuesday with my orthopedist again. I asked the lady on the phone to make sure he knows what CrossFit is, and she said "I will! I do CrossFit and I LOVE it!" Hopefully I will get some answers and not have surgery. If I do, I am prepared to have it on Thursday and be back in the gym on Monday working on upper body stuff. I can't stop, I really do love it :)

On a positive note, this weekend I cleaned out my closet and drawers, I have two bags of clothes that no longer fit. I am really excited about that!!! I also got a great email from a friend that thanked me for being open and honest on this blog. At times I feel a like I whine and complain on here, but I have decided that if that is what I feel like, I am not going to hide it. I want everyone to know that it is not all days of greatness, but when it is, I will let that hang out too!

Next Saturday, January 28th, we start the Circle of Awesomeness challenge. I can't wait to see what those 6 weeks bring to my life. I am in this for the long haul, sore, tired body and all :)

No comments: