Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thursday's tests

Thursday was one of our Challenge test days.

Level Two
Test 6: 1 RM Clean-to-Thruster in 15:00
Test 7: 5 RM Front Squat (3 attempts)
Test 8:
“Annie ”
50-40-30-20-10
Double Unders
Sit-ups
S1: Rx
S2: 3 singles
*Clean to Thruster weight, Front Squat weight, and “Annie” time and scale recorded

First thing that I will say is that Wednesday was the actual start of our Challenge which includes no sugar or grains. So I started Thursday with kind of a "I'm not here" feeling. That said I will say that I don't have double unders, which is jumping rope while bringing the rope around twice on one jump, I don't really have many single jumps that I can string together. I was not looking forward to this one, but since I have decided that I will do every challenge test just like I am asked to (even if it hurts my knee) that I would do this one. One task at a time.

Test 6: 1 RM Clean-to-Thruster ~ I got to 70#
Test 7: 5 RM Front Squat ~ 75#

I think I could have done more on my Clean-to-Thruster but my brain wasn't thinking. I am happy with my 5 rep max front squat of 75#.

Test 8:
“Annie ”
50-40-30-20-10
Double Unders
Sit-ups
Scale 1: Rx
Scale 2: 3 singles

This means 5 rounds of jump rope double unders and situps with the number each round starting at 50 and descending by 10 each time. The scaling option is for the jump rope and means that scale 1 is the workout as written, scale 2 is 150-120-90-40-20 singles. Situps stay the same. So that was what my workout was supposed to be. I made it through 1 full round and 30 or 40 jumps into my second round before the 15 min time cap was called. I was frustrated, could not string together more than 2-4 jumps in a row, lost count, said bad words, and wanted to cry. It was awful and I didn't want to think about it any more after leaving the gym. However, throughout the afternoon all I could think about was how to jump rope better. My sweet husband went out and bought me a jump rope and I have vowed to try to do it every day! So far, I have done 3 days, only for a few minutes at a time, but am building up. The good news is that next time this test comes around, I will not have sugar withdrawal brain and can only do better!

No comments: