Sunday, February 5, 2012

Saturday= Last test of the Challenge!

On Thursday we realized that instead of 2 tests we were going to have 3. They had moved one from Saturday to Thursday so we talked about what kind of crazy workout we would have on Saturday. Friday on our facebook page someone suggested "Name the WOD for Saturday" game. So many things were thrown out that my mind was wrecked. Most of them terrified me! Getting up Saturday morning and finding out it was "Fight Gone Bad" was actually a little bit of a relief. Not that is was an easy workout, but it was not one of the CRAZY (read miles of running and hundreds of other things like squats, push-ups, pull-ups, etc. I am not kidding) ones!!

We got to the gym about 45 minutes early so I could make sure to be there on time and I was able to cheer on some of my morning ladies who were in the 9am class!

All Levels
Test 9: “Fight Gone Bad”
*In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating.

3 Rounds of:
Wall-Balls (M: 20 lbs, W:14lbs)
Sumo Deadlift High-Pull (M: 75lbs, W: 55lbs)
Box Jumps (20″ box)
Push-press (M: 75 lbs, W: 55lbs)
Row ( Max calories)

*The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of “rotate,” the athletes must move to the next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

I did the scale 1 option which was 10# med ball for wall balls, 35# Sumo Deadlift high pulls, I stepped up on the 20in box, 35# push presses, and row. My total was 183. We counted how many calories on the rower and reps of each other exercise to reach our total.

It cleaned my clock, but was great feeling!! The atmosphere in the gym was electrical. Everyone cheering and encouraging, pushing you to do just one more! There were 2 heats of about 20 each in my class. Thank you Charlie and Darlene for pushing me and to my partner Brittany for counting and cheering me on! My girls were on the station right before mine so I got to see both of them go through this also. It was a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Energy in the gym Saturday was incredible...we are so lucky! Way to "fight" for it!

Cindy said...

I loved it!!