Friday, October 14, 2011

I miss my workouts, I miss my friends

I have been out for a week. Sickness sucks and I have had a stuffy head, snotty nose, cough, and popping ears. I want to go to sleep at 10am and 2 pm and do head that direction at 9pm. I have gotten up twice this week at 5am to work out and fell back into bed with my body telling me that I am not ready.

Yesterday afternoon I started feeling like a human again, still coughing like I have been smoking for 50 years, but better. Today I am progressively getting better and better. Tomorrow I am taking my whole family to CrossFit Austin's Fall Fit Festival to workout, together. It will probably feel like the first time to me too since I have been out for a week. But I am so ready to get back in the saddle.

About a month ago, I told someone who had been out for a week, "Wow, if I ever miss a week I don't think I will be back" Well.....that was the old me, the new me likes feeling awesome, the new me likes finding new muscles in places that I didn't feel them before, the new me likes that my pants are falling off all day, the new me likes the new me and loves CrossFit. So last night, I signed up for 4 classes per week for the next two weeks. I am sure it will be torture on Monday morning, but my new friends will cheer me on, they have faith in me and I am learning to have faith in me too.

I have decided that my body was tired so I got sick for a week. I needed to know that I could miss workouts for a week and I would actually miss them so much that I would be yearning to get back to them. I can't wait to see what this week holds. This time 4 weeks ago was the MOST AMAZING week ever! Handstands, jumping up on a step, and more. Stay tuned. I promise to keep up with my blog better than ever starting on Monday. I will talk every day about my journey. Again, not just for you, but for me. So I can remember every step of this path.

No comments: