Monday, October 17, 2011

Back in the Saddle, er Rower again

First day back to anything after taking a week off is brutal and today was not much different. I spend the 20 minutes between getting out of bed and into the car actually telling myself "Just get in the car, then you won't want to get back in the bed...really, hurry up and get in the car, NOW!" So I did.

The warmup just about did me in. Not sure I was going to make it through it, but I did. Then time for workout...

Today's WOD
Level 1 (Day 10)

Skill
Jerk progression

WOD
3 x 500m Row
Rest 5:00
*Jerk skill practice during rest

I did ok on the row, actually I did better and shaved about 45 seconds off of my last month's 500m time trial on the first one. The second two times, I had to stop in the middle, started seeing stars and that is not a good sign, breathe, and jump back in.

Walker picked out great music for today and it really got us in a good grove for jerk skill practice. I was a little worried about putting weight over my head after being out for a week, but Michelle talked Val and I into it. We all ended up doing 77# for several sets of three and it felt great!!

It is so good to be back. I missed my friends and I missed the great feeling I have after a workout. Today I jumped on the scale and have lost between 10-15 pounds in the last 8 weeks. No wonder my pants are starting to fall off.

I chose the picture and quote "It is a shame for a woman to grow old without ever seeing the strength and beauty of which her body is capable" because it is something that I want to teach my daughters. There is a place inside of you that you draw strength from, I know that mine comes from the Lord. I know that I can do all things with Him. He made me capable, I made me weak. I know that He doesn't want to hear my excuses for why I have let this beautiful body that He gave me just fall apart. I know that He is always there for me to fall upon when things get hard. I know that He is pleased that I am doing this. I know that I am pleased that I am doing this. I am proud of myself for doing something for myself, and I have not had that feeling in many years, if ever.

No comments: