Thursday, September 22, 2011

Here's to 4 weeks complete!

I have not written in 2 weeks, and tons of stuff has gone on! My birthday was September 11th and I just had a poor, pitiful me morning. Then in the afternoon my car limped home on it last transmission leg, which really stunk. BUT my awesome cousin called me and said "Let's go have some birthday dinner!" and I was in. The girls and I met her for dinner and it was a great time :)

I stayed up too late and woke up with my knee hurting so I passed on Monday's workout. I went Tuesday and Thursday and it was good. I am so ready to move on from last week.

This week has been amazing!
Monday Skill
Jerk

WOD
3×500 M Row
Rest 5:00
*Jerk skill practice during rest

I thought "Yeah rowing" In the middle of my second row, I thought I may rethink my relationship with the rower. I still love it in place of running, but it kicked my bootie that morning. Luckily we only had time to get two rounds done :) And that afternoon my facebook status said this: Dear 6am CrossFit girl, as great as those squats feel during your workout... Your knee is not quite ready yet. Love, 3pm Walking like an old lady :D

Also on Monday my cupcakes were featured on We Are Austin Live, so I was super excited to get that advertising, and super stressed to get them out on time as well as a cake order for a sweet 3 year old. But, I got it done and all was good!! MY CUPCAKES WERE SEEN ON TV!!!! That was so very cool :)

Tuesday Skill
Knee to Elbows/Toes to Bar (EXCUSE ME???)
Handstand Holds (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN)

WOD
7 Minute AMRAP:
7 TTB
7 Box Jumps (step down)(BAAHAAAHAAAA)
7 Push-ups
21 Singles

Notice my comments beside some of the above? Those were my 5am thoughts, somebody is crazy and it is not me! As I was driving there, tired, I thought I am so tired and this is going to suck. (those are my thoughts most mornings at 5:15 am) I was SO wrong, apparently my awesome was just waking up inside of me and had a few things in store. When I got there I had a chat with Walker about box jumps. We talked about how it comes from inside. I told her that I asked Bart to build me a succession of boxes that I could work my way up on at home. She said just start with step ups and then go from there.

Skill: Toes to Bar means hanging on a pullup bar and then bringing your toes up to your hands. Not gonna happen when I can't even hang on the bar well. Next scale is knees to elbows, ok we will go with that. I did hang and could move my knees up a little, so that is what I did!! I also learned that my sisters friends calls this "Knees to wherever the hell they go" For me it was just a few inches, THREE times!!

Skill: Handstand Holds means standing on your hands and holding it (duh). Walker had me start on the tire, putting my feet on it and locking my arms and dropping my head. Good, I can do that, and I did. Then let's try to kick up. I just stood there and looked at the wall and the floor, totally intimidated but the whole concept. Then she showed me how to turn around, squat with my hands on the floor and walk my feet up the wall. That I could do!!! AND hold for 30 seconds!!!! SWEET!!

A little side note: My first day in the gym I noticed a really neat set of chalk handprints on the floor near the wall. I thought "How awesome, someone did a handstand right here!" Today those handprints on the floor..THEY WERE MINE!!!!!

WOD:
7 TTB (or in my case 3 KTWTHTG, see above for definition, thanks Nicole)
7 box jumps (or in my case 7 on each side step ups)
Wait a minute..this was my awesome day so that is not exactly how it went...as I was doing step ups, I thought "screw this" and I just stood there staring at the step and the door and I jumped and I made it!! I did it again, and I made it again!! Walker came around the corner and I said "I just jumped on this step!" She said "Do it again" so I did it AGAIN!!! I was so pumped!
So let's start over...

WOD:
7 TTB (or in my case 3 KTWTHTG, see above for definition, thanks Nicole)
7 step jumps (box jumps on the step I was using)
7 push ups (oh yea, I don't know if I posted this on the first week, but I could barely do 3 saaaad pushups, and I did 7 competition ones on my knees whoo hooo!)
I skipped the jumprope due to my knee being a pain

I did this 3 rounds!!!! I wanted to just cry with joy. So I did, had a weepy moment with Walker and left the gym. Got in my car and just broke down...This is what I posted on my Facebook status :Hey guess what... Those handprints on the floor are mine! And those footprints on that step, those were made by my first box jump on that step. And I am AWESOME! with a comment of: And these tears are tears of amazing joy. I was floating in a sea of awesome. I still tear up two days later with these emotions. I could not even talk about it all day without this feeling.

Three hours later still not believing what I had accomplished this is what I wrote: Dear 5am so tired I can't see and I don't wanna go woman;
Today the awesome in you took over and kicked butt in the gym...don't forget that feeling. Love, Handstanding, step jumping, pushup doing, all day feeling euphoric CrossFit girl :) I didn't lose that feeling all day, actually I am still feeling it!

Today Skill
KB swings
HSPU (Bring it!)

WOD
A. Hip/Hang Snatch x2×3 rest :90
B. Clean x1×3 Rest 2:00
C. DL 3×3 rest 2:00
D. Back Squat x5×3 rest 2:00

So super excited today!! Tired, but ready so go. I was actually dancing in my car on the way in this morning. Kettlebell swings, AMAZING! Handstand pushups, not so much yet, but I did a scale for me and did it great. All of the WOD was review and was good. We did put some weight on the Deadlift and I did 95#!!! AWESOME!

Today was the completion of 4 weeks of CrossFit. I don't want to stop, I want to keep this up for the rest of my life. I really love CrossFit. It has changed my life. I feel strong, empowered, so much more than I have ever felt. This morning someone said "I started doing this to lose some weight" I looked at him and said "This is about so much more than losing weight. It changes something in here, inside your very being." and I so meant it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely just teared up reading this... You are so full of awesome!!! Thank you for sharing your ability to put into words what so many of us feel. I know I wasn't in my normal morning spot this week, but I can't wait to get back to it with you next week! Way to go, Cindy!!!!

Cindy said...

Thank you and I have missed you!!

Anonymous said...

I also started Crossfit thinking I was going to drop pounds like crazy. I've lost about 8 lbs in 7 months of doing Crossfit. And I have not for one minute wished it could be anything other than what it is. As much as I would love to shop at A&F, I will trade it for bench pressing a Buick any day of the week. I'm a 200lb Crossfit athlete. BRING IT.

I'm so proud of you Cindy.