Wednesday, November 16, 2011

This is where I quit....

I decided to do this blog and be completely honest, so I am going to be honest now. This is the time that I quit CrossFit. I have changed my life, I have gone down two sizes, people are noticing the changes in me...That should be enough, it usually is. That is the good part, the bad part is I am tired, I hurt, and I am scared of moving on. This is usually the place where I quit. I have done so many diets and exercise programs that it makes me SICK. Changed my life so many times, for a few weeks or months. Then I quit. Well guess what world I AM NOT QUITTING THIS TIME! Oh, don't get me wrong, I really want to. I really am tired, my body really hurts (so much that I am afraid my husband thinks I love my Airrosti dr more than him), and I am really scared of these workouts. This week I missed Monday because I wasn't feeling well, went yesterday, and was going to go today. Haley had to be at work at 5:45 and Sarah had to be in North Austin at 7 for an EMS rideout, so I didn't make up Monday today, like I wanted to. Monday I heard how hard the workout was by some pretty strong ladies, Tuesday I saw one of the strongest girls I know actually do it, and it knocked her on her butt. (BUT she looked GREAT doing it!!) Today one of my trainer's said she wanted to quit in the middle of the workout, and I think she is a badass. SOOOO, I am scared. But I have heard "If your workout doesn't scare you, you need a new workout." I guess I am good there.

I have been told lately that I am inspiring people. That is why I wanted to write this post. I don't want anyone to think that this gets easy. It gets easier from the beginning, but it never gets easy. I just keep thinking that I have changed my life, and am continuing to change it...one ring row at a time. Soon I will be strong enough for more than 3 partner pull ups, and then will go on from there. I have a long way to go, but I have come a long way from where I started.

I will tell you that I work out with an amazing family of crazy people. I love each and every one of them. They encourage me, inspire me, and drive me to be a better person. We are from all walks of life, but have one thing in common. We are not quitters, we are CrossFitters.

Stay tuned, because I am about to go sign up for this killer WOD this afternoon, and I am going to kick it right in the ass. (of course we will probably be about even, because it will kick mine too!!)

Here it is...
Level Two
Skill
A1. RDL x10×3 Rest :45
A2. CTB Pull-ups x4-6×3 Rest :45

WOD
8 Rounds
1:00 Row or Airdyne for Cals
1:00 Active Rest (3-5 Challenging DB Presses)
1:00 Wall Ball for reps @ 20 lb, 14 lb
1:00 Active Rest (3-5 Hip Clean @ 135 lb, 95 lb)
*Record calories and wall ball reps

If you are not busy between 4:30-6:30 (I haven't decided which class I am doing) please say a little prayer for my strength and endurance. I will run(row) the race before me, and come out on the other side better for it.

2 comments:

LizYankiver said...

You can do it. You should be scared of the workouts- they are hard. They won't get easier...and no one in this gym will let you quit.I affectionatly say- suck it up, buttercup. (I have been where you are, it will get better)

Cindy said...

Thanks!! This is why I love you :)