Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bad day turned out pretty good!

Last night I was such a grump that I went straight to bed after church. I know I set my alarm for 5...I know I did! However, at 6:07, Bart said "Are you guys going to workout?" CRAP!! So I cancelled my 6:30 class and sent my friend Jenny a text asking her to let the coaches know what happened. She said "It happens to everyone in the mornings, go back to bed!!" I did, and called the gym later to sign Sarah and I up for the noon Level 1 class. From now on, I will have two alarms so I don't do that again!!

The good news is that I got to workout with Sarah. It was great to see her in class (I haven't just watched her before because I didn't want to be a mom stalker!) She responds well to coaching and did great today. 37# front squats, 65# deadlifts, and partner pullups!! I did 65# front squats, and went ahead and stayed with her on 65# deadlifts, I did ring rows because my partner pullups are just not happening right now for some reason.

I am so proud of Sarah and her determination in Crossfit. Being 14 she is a normal teenager and when faced with a challenge she sometimes makes excuses. She has embraced this with both arms and loves it just as much as I do.

Haley has had to take almost the whole week off because of work conflict. We are hoping to get her back in the saddle next week.

Tuesday I had a really blech afternoon and was really whiney and down. I realized what was wrong...I had gotten on the scale that morning and gained back 5 pounds. So my resolution is to not get back on it until after the first of the year. It is just not worth it when I know my body is changing, I feel it, my clothes are falling off, and others are seeing it! That night my sweet friend, Linda, called me and said "Girl, you need to go get a new outfit, just one, but do it!" So yesterday, we went to do just that. I wanted a new pair of jeans and told the lady that I didn't know what size I needed. She suggested that I start in the last pair that I know fit, so I said 24 (and those had been snug). I put then on and it was like a pair of clown pants!! Asked for a 22, they were better but she said they will be falling off within the first hour of wearing them. So, I went for the size 20....THEY FIT!!!!! OMG, I don't remember the last time I was wearing a size 20 pants! Sarah picked out a shirt for me and we just started at the 18/20 (I had been wearing 26/28 and 22/24) and IT FIT TOO!!! I am so proud of myself. I made a commitment and am sticking with it. I am about to start my 11th week of CrossFit and can't wait to go every day. I love my new friends, I love my new confidence, I love me :)

See you guys back at the gym on Monday!!

2 comments:

hwalkerf said...

Screw that scale - it really doesn't tell you much. you will know how you are doing by the way you feel and the way you perform in the gym.
I am so excited for you and your progress!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing weight until I had an "aha" moment and realized that my body was busy building muscle, too! I've lost 10lbs, but I'm more proud of my new found strength! You are doing an amazing job - I'm glad you didn't let the scale get you down for too long.