Thursday, November 17, 2011

12 weeks complete

So...yesterday I was ready to quit...today I am feeling fabulous! We did handstand holds this morning and I decided that it was time for a new handstand photo. I took one 4 weeks in (left side above) and one today (right side). After the skill session and WOD kicked me in the butt, I went to the car and compared photos. Then I cried. I can't believe the difference. This is a side of you that you just don't see every day. WOW, it is awesome the changes that are happening in my body! Yesterday is yesterday, seize each day as it comes....I choose to do that :P

Today's workout was a doozie. I looked at it when I left the house and thought, "I can do that, 4 push presses, 4 weighted stepups, long, but doable" Famous last words...

Level Two
Skill
A1. Snatch DL x2×5 Rest 2:00
A2. Handstand Push-up+Handstand Hold x2+:15-:30×5 Rest :45
*Work to a challenging, but not max, 2
*Post weights to comments

WOD
15 Minutes, On-The-Minute:
4 Push Press
4 WTD Step-ups (Total)
*M: 135 lb W: 95 lb

Snatch DL weight was 107#, felt good
Handstand pushups, well mine were pike pushups, and I will be working on those twice a day for a while to get them much better than they are.
Handstand holds..nicely done, "push your butt toward the wall" says Tristy so I did. Notice that the right picture is better form than the left. Thanks, Tristy!

Ok, this 15 minute WOD kicked my a$$. Royally. I used a 45# bar only and 3 big weights stacked to step up on. Push press the bar 4 times then back rack it and step up with it. Holy Cow that was hard!! The first 4-5 times I pretty much had to do them with very little rest and then I started seeing spots so I had to take a rest. Tristy pushed me through this (and for that I am thankful!), kept at me to get back into it, get the bar up, be agressive. I dropped one of the big plates and she brought me a smaller one to finish up my step ups. I pushed through the last 5 with a strength that I found in the bottom of my toes, and I finished strong. I missed at least one round, but did a ton of work!

Then I laid on the floor. Just for a little bit. And I got up and went on about my day, feeling pretty badass :)

BTW...I didn't make it to the killer workout last night, just plain ran out of time. But I am sure it will come around again, and I will be ready for it!

No comments: